Ghanaian comedian and CEO of Switchline Entertainment, an outfit dedicated to the promotion of comedy in Ghana, David Aglah will fly high the flag of Ghana as he attends the 6th edition of the Savanna Comics’ Choice Awards in South Africa.
Not only an invited guest, the banker who doubles as a comedian will also be presented with the opportunity to meet the South African press where he would sell his art. He will also take the grand stage to present and award on the night.
The night is expected to see a hilarious variety show made up of sketches, stand-up, Impressionists, celebrity performances, choreography and witty one liners delivered by South Africa’s top comedians.
The awards show will hold on September 3 2016 and as always will be staged at the Magnificent Teatro, Montecasino in Fourways, Johannesburg.
Speaking toin an exclusive interview, David Aglah explained the invitation is an honour and a recognition that Ghanaian comedians were doing something worth appreciating.
He also revealed the invitation comes with a special package that includes flight, accommodation and a promised unforgetable experience.
The 6th edition of the Savanna Comics’ Choice Awards will honour 10 individuals. The categories include;
1. The Savanna Newcomer Of The Year Award Category
2. The Savanna Audience Choice Award Category
3. The Intermediate Award Category
4. The Comics’ Pen Award Category
5. The Flying Solo Award Category
6. The Lifetime Achiever Recipient
7. The Best Friend Of Comedy Award Category
8. The Non-English Award Category
9. The Breakthrough Award Category (NEW)
10. The Edgars Comic Of The Year Award Category
Photo Credit: Kobbly Blay